Home > Forum > Another Broker Who That Won'T Pay On Time

Another broker who that won't pay on time

Jan 05, 2022 at 02:51 PM CST
+ 19 - 1

is there anybody else ever have a problem getting paid from broker KING OF FREIGHT ?? hauled a load back in early November 2021 trying to get paid and getting the run around

Replied on Wed, Jan 05, 2022 at 10:02 PM CST
+ 1
They are one of worst. Never haul for them and never haul for TQL.
Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 08:06 AM CST
I haul for NORAG LLC exclusively and never had any pay issues ever. Give them a try. And they might have ideas as to how to get your money from the broker that owes you.
Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 08:06 AM CST

How did that shipment even make sense? All I have seen from them on the boards is like 1/3 dat low...

Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 08:38 AM CST

well the load I took paid me $3.40 a mile and I reloaded 100 miles away for my customer that paid me $4 a mile so it made sense for me to do it

Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 08:47 AM CST
Quote: "They are one of worst. Never haul for them and never haul for TQL."

I know better know I looked them up been in business since 2008 and thought well they probably are ok to haul for pretty SAD

Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 12:16 PM CST

Richard,

Sorry to hear this happened to you. Give me a call if you have any interest in running with COSO. We pay same day on all loads via either ACH or check (completely free of charge). Anyone who has hauled for us can attest that our payment times are the quickest in the industry. On another hand, our credit dept will be more than happy to assist you in recovering these funds - there are plenty of rules in place such as going after the consignee on the BOL. Give me a shout and we should be able to help, I see you are based out of Illinois as well which is a hot spot for us (we are based out of the Joliet, IL area)

Thanks,

Jake Kengott

COSO Logistics

(815) 534-0490 | [email protected]

Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 03:48 PM CST
Quote: "Richard, Sorry to hear this happened to you. Give me a call if you have any interest in running with COSO. We pay same day on all loads via either ACH or check (completely free of charge). Anyone who has hauled for us can attest that our payment times are the quickest in the industry. On another hand, our credit dept will be more than happy to assist you in recovering these funds - there are plenty of rules in place such as going after the consignee on the BOL. Give me a shout and we should be able to help, I see you are based out of Illinois as well which is a hot spot for us (we are based out of the Joliet, IL area) Thanks, Jake Kengott COSO Logistics (815) 534-0490 | [email protected]"

I can vouch for Coso . Same or next day pay 👍
Replied on Thu, Jan 06, 2022 at 09:08 PM CST

File on there Bond

Replied on Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 09:51 AM CST
Laywer
Replied on Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 10:11 AM CST
+ 1

It doesn't pay to mess around with that load that gets you to your next load. You haul those cheap but it pays the fuel,or puts me on top of my reload, then you usually get screwed! Either out of your time and you end up late to the better paying one,or worse don't even get the opportunity to load it.this time you got screwed out of the money. Everyone gets to into the rate per mile and forgets the money at the end of the week. If you gross the dollars you need every week,then the per mile will be there at the end usually.

Replied on Fri, Jan 07, 2022 at 01:56 PM CST

Image

OTR Owner/Operators Needed

Regional Owner/Operators Needed

BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH CIRCLE A BROKERS

At Circle A Brokers we aim to be at the forefront of matching carriers with loads that can best serve them. Become a freight carrier for us today.

7-DAY NET PAY

For dedicated carriers, our standard turnaround term for payment is 7 days.

24-HOUR QUICK PAY

Once a load is complete, payment can be made within 24 hours of receipt of your shipping documents.

DIRECT DEPOSIT/ACH PAYMENTS

Sign up for direct deposit and payments for invoices will be ACH’d directly into your account at no additional charge.

FUEL CARDS

Fuel cards can be issued to our carriers that provide discounts at our participating in network locations.

IF THIS INTERESTS YOU

Call Josh or Scott

(903)467-5100

Or check out our website and complete our carrier onboarding form and we will reach out to you with more information.

https://circleabrokers.com/

Replied on Sat, Jan 08, 2022 at 02:00 PM CST
+ 1
Quote: "They are one of worst. Never haul for them and never haul for TQL."

Without a doubt TQL is the Biggest bunch of Back Stabbing.. Lying.. Manipulating.. Condescending.. Set You up to Fail SOB's I've ever hauled a load for! ... Never Again.. but their plan to Screw me failed & Backfired on them & I came out the One on Top when I seen through what they were doing.. Yes Indeed! ... TQL can KMA!!

Mark A. Smith/ Independent

~M&H TRANSPORT LLC~

Replied on Sun, Jan 09, 2022 at 09:28 PM CST
Quote: " OTR Owner/Operators Needed Regional Owner/Operators Needed BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH CIRCLE A BROKERS At Circle A Brokers we aim to be at the forefront of matching carriers with loads that can best serve them. Become a freight carrier for us today. 7-DAY NET PAY For dedicated carriers, our standard turnaround term for payment is 7 days. 24-HOUR QUICK PAY Once a load is complete, payment can be made within 24 hours of receipt of your shipping documents. DIRECT DEPOSIT/ACH PAYMENTS Sign up for direct deposit and payments for invoices will be ACH’d directly into your account at no additional charge. FUEL CARDS Fuel cards can be issued to our carriers that provide discounts at our participating in network locations. IF THIS INTERESTS YOU Call Josh or Scott (903)467-5100 Or check out our website and complete our carrier onboarding form and we will reach out to you with more information. https://circleabrokers.com/"

i would like scott to explain to the good people out their like he did for me awhile back, how my detention rate of $100 hr was to much and his $35 HR was ,and i quote.... dam good money...

Replied on Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 07:54 AM CST
Quote: "i would like scott to explain to the good people out their like he did for me awhile back, how my detention rate of $100 hr was to much and his $35 HR was ,and i quote.... dam good money..."

Ron, I'm glad you responded. Can you please show me where I said that? You live in a fantasy world where you quote $10 mile freight on significant mileage that you do not even have a truck for. From what I gather, you're a troll whose sole purpose is to rub people the wrong way. We are good folks who like to help good people.

Replied on Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 02:05 PM CST
Quote: "Ron, I'm glad you responded. Can you please show me where I said that? You live in a fantasy world where you quote $10 mile freight on significant mileage that you do not even have a truck for. From what I gather, you're a troll whose sole purpose is to rub people the wrong way. We are good folks who like to help good people. "

Scott I think you are a little confused, I just wanted you to explain to the good people what your detention policy is, thats all. I am sure they are anxiously waiting.... Instead you call me a troll living in a fantasy world charging $10 freight,..my fantasy world is quickly becoming reality. Lets get this right I charge on the average $5.50 mi to $8.80 loaded mile not $10..and if that bothers people I cannot help that .. We are good folks who like to help good people so, we pay our drivers $1.00 all miles and our o/o can expect on average $3.00 all miles .

Replied on Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 02:30 PM CST
Quote: "Scott I think you are a little confused, I just wanted you to explain to the good people what your detention policy is, thats all. I am sure they are anxiously waiting.... Instead you call me a troll living in a fantasy world charging $10 freight,..my fantasy world is quickly becoming reality. Lets get this right I charge on the average $5.50 mi to $8.80 loaded mile not $10..and if that bothers people I cannot help that .. We are good folks who like to help good people so, we pay our drivers $1.00 all miles and our o/o can expect on average $3.00 all miles ."

No confusion. We never discussed detention that I can find and every place is different, but there is no one in the industry that works any harder on detention than our team. Our O/O are running right there with yours. Is Team SR a brokerage? I see you run two trucks on Safer but can't find your brokerage authority.

Replied on Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 09:10 PM CST
+ 1
What is the definition of a damn good rate? I guess I would say a decent rate would generate a profit of 15 cents on a dollar AFTER the driver is paid hourly wages with overtime and a medical, dental and retirement package, you should also be able to rotate equipment out by the time it has 500,000 miles on it. I frequently see owner operators thinking that [email protected] hour is decent money, but there are 1099 contract nurses out there making that, and they have no truck payment, truck insurance, or fuel bill to pay for.
Replied on Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 08:54 AM CST
Quote: "What is the definition of a damn good rate? I guess I would say a decent rate would generate a profit of 15 cents on a dollar AFTER the driver is paid hourly wages with overtime and a medical, dental and retirement package, you should also be able to rotate equipment out by the time it has 500,000 miles on it. I frequently see owner operators thinking that [email protected] hour is decent money, but there are 1099 contract nurses out there making that, and they have no truck payment, truck insurance, or fuel bill to pay for."

I agree with that big time! But for some reason in trucking we blame the driver for the company's inability to pay a fair wage, and trucking is the only industry where updating your equipment is looked down upon. This industry also loves to claim that it's simply supply and demand to blame when rates are garbage, but it's greed when rates are good!
Replied on Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 01:30 PM CST

File on their bond - number one way to get a broker's attention. They can't operate if your bond claim is successful until they pay the bond company. Also it can cost them money in their next renewal.

Replied on Tue, Jan 11, 2022 at 02:46 PM CST

We only have done a handful of loads for them but have gotten paid within 21 days on all of them. I know they are a pain in the a** but cut through all the check in calls and stupid rule and get back to the agent you booked through directly and get after him/her directly and they will get something done. Non payment directly affects their performance will cause lost revenue.

BTW, I am with you, we got paid real strong rates on the loads we did for them because someone else dropped the ball and we had to pick it up and run with it!

Replied on Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 07:51 AM CST
Quote: "We only have done a handful of loads for them but have gotten paid within 21 days on all of them. I know they are a pain in the a** but cut through all the check in calls and stupid rule and get back to the agent you booked through directly and get after him/her directly and they will get something done. Non payment directly affects their performance will cause lost revenue. BTW, I am with you, we got paid real strong rates on the loads we did for them because someone else dropped the ball and we had to pick it up and run with it!"

This was my first time hauling for them finally got a check in the mail yesterday (Wednesday) for the load 55 days after invoice was sent to them their agreement says 30 days
Replied on Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 07:52 AM CST
Stay away from Brenntag.
Replied on Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 11:20 AM CST
+ 1
Ron you say you charge $5.50-$8 per mile? You pay the o/o $3 per mile? Wow you complain about brokers? Art Pfluger
Replied on Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 09:40 PM CST
Quote: "Without a doubt TQL is the Biggest bunch of Back Stabbing.. Lying.. Manipulating.. Condescending.. Set You up to Fail SOB's I've ever hauled a load for! ... Never Again.. but their plan to Screw me failed & Backfired on them & I came out the One on Top when I seen through what they were doing.. Yes Indeed! ... TQL can KMA!! Mark A. Smith/ Independent ~M&H TRANSPORT LLC~"

wow... i will look out for them

Replied on Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 09:40 PM CST
Quote: " OTR Owner/Operators Needed Regional Owner/Operators Needed BENEFITS OF WORKING WITH CIRCLE A BROKERS At Circle A Brokers we aim to be at the forefront of matching carriers with loads that can best serve them. Become a freight carrier for us today. 7-DAY NET PAY For dedicated carriers, our standard turnaround term for payment is 7 days. 24-HOUR QUICK PAY Once a load is complete, payment can be made within 24 hours of receipt of your shipping documents. DIRECT DEPOSIT/ACH PAYMENTS Sign up for direct deposit and payments for invoices will be ACH’d directly into your account at no additional charge. FUEL CARDS Fuel cards can be issued to our carriers that provide discounts at our participating in network locations. IF THIS INTERESTS YOU Call Josh or Scott (903)467-5100 Or check out our website and complete our carrier onboarding form and we will reach out to you with more information. https://circleabrokers.com/"

This sound like a lease ?

Replied on Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 11:00 AM CST

We get a lot of debt placed in our office for collections for KOF. We barely even touch TQL because they are so awful! Make sure you get on some Bad Broker watch lists. This will help you tremendously!

Replied on Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 01:50 PM CST
Quote: "Scott I think you are a little confused, I just wanted you to explain to the good people what your detention policy is, thats all. I am sure they are anxiously waiting.... Instead you call me a troll living in a fantasy world charging $10 freight,..my fantasy world is quickly becoming reality. Lets get this right I charge on the average $5.50 mi to $8.80 loaded mile not $10..and if that bothers people I cannot help that .. We are good folks who like to help good people so, we pay our drivers $1.00 all miles and our o/o can expect on average $3.00 all miles ."

Ron, do you have a rules tariff in your truck? That will help you tremendously in situations like this! My company provides them. Feel free to call me at 662-932-3978.