Home > Forum > Just Starting Out

Just starting out

Apr 11, 2020 at 09:56 PM CST
+ 2 - 1

I am looking at getting started in hauling end dumps. I understand that if I stay within my state, I do not need an MC number. One of my questions is if I would be better off going ahead and getting my MC number just so I have it in my back pocket already? I also don't know if I would need a KCC# for KS. I am planning on staying within 100~ miles of home in SW KS. Just wanting to make sure I have all my ducks in a row before I turn them loose and hang on!

Replied on Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 10:03 AM CST

You will need a kcc number

Replied on Mon, Apr 13, 2020 at 02:16 PM CST
Yes get the mc# and everything else maybe even talk to a professional to make sure its all good. Form a business structure with a dba name and LLC. There are lots of companies that help trucks get legal,just research it out and find a good local 1. Turning the ducks loose without a plan has turned many a company into a 501c3a nonprofit.
Replied on Tue, Apr 21, 2020 at 09:35 AM CST
- 1

Hi Andrew,

Do you need help finding contracts/loads? If so, please provide your preferred method of contact, and I will reach out to you within 24hours.

Best Regards,

Tammy H.