Home > Forum > ELD Question

ELD Question

Apr 27, 2021 at 05:13 PM CST
I just recently got my authority with apportioned plates, IFTA etc & I purchased a subscription for E Log service as well. After setting up all of that I was offered a local run that would keep me within 150 mile radius of my home 4 days a week & 1 day a week I would have to cross the state line & back on a 450 mile turn. I don’t want to run an E log to run local for the 4 days. Can I just use the E Log for the one 450 mile turn each week & use a local time sheet for the other 4 days?
Replied on Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 01:20 PM CST

As long as you're hauling ag unprocessed (in it's natural state), once it has been processed you must use the ELog (per Mr Teal (DOT man))

Replied on Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 01:20 PM CST
For your short runs you'll go into ag exemption and do your runs. Then use it normal for the 450 mile run. Save you a ton of headaches especially when you figure out IFTA every quarter
Replied on Wed, Apr 28, 2021 at 01:20 PM CST
Federal Regulations allow you to run paper logs 8 days in a 30 day rolling period from the first day you run a paper log outside of your hundred and fifty mile air radius.... so for example if you run out of your 150 mile air radius on April 29th, you can have 8 paper log days 30 days from that date... so if you're going to only run outside of that air mile radius once a week you would be fine running paper log just on those particular days.... But be sure to document what you did the previous 7 days though..