Home > Forum > Any Body Else Getting Notified Of Not Paying For 2290 By Irs Even With A Cancelled Check In Ther Hands

any body else getting notified of not paying for 2290 by irs even with a cancelled check in ther hands

Nov 24, 2020 at 03:41 PM CST
+ 1
paid 2290 sept 12 cashed by irs on stamping on back sept 18th have us treasurey stamp on check and there irs stamping on back,sent them copy of check and bing on phone for 6 hours today trying to get to talk to someone,country going to hell real fast .going to be one hell of a ride
Replied on Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 07:16 AM CST

Yes, I received the same message from IRS about form 2290. As long as you have cancelled check the. You should be fine. I'm going to mail them a copy of cancelled check with the bill stub certified mail with a letter.

Replied on Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 07:28 AM CST

We paid ours and they cashed the check but did not send paid receipt till 6 mo later. Call your US congressman. They helped us get it straightened out.

Replied on Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 08:08 AM CST
+ 1
I feel for you. I had to be on the phone with the irs about my 2290 a couple of years ago. It was a nightmare. Rude people that don't care about doing a good job, or even doing their job period. Most frustrating experience of my life. The irs should be privatized so they compete for your the opportunity to service you. That way they'd go broke for treating people like crap and being lazy. Good luck dealing with that.
Replied on Wed, Nov 25, 2020 at 10:03 AM CST
Got mine last week, everyone working from home. Can’t get anyone on the phone
Replied on Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 07:32 AM CST
Thats just 1 part of our lives that got wrecked by this mess. 99% of shipper and receiver break rooms and restrooms are off limits and no you may not wet the tires on their property. Little food joints that you planned all day to stop there for a sub from subway to find out they closed the subway out of precautions. The list is stinking unending. Dont miss your 2290 either. 2 years ago I paid it in dec instead of june due to my blissful ignorance and 1 week later I got a fine with interest of 150 bucks. Have a good Turkey day everyone and hopefully sometime we can talk about the next big thing.
Replied on Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 06:50 AM CST
Quote: "Thats just 1 part of our lives that got wrecked by this mess. 99% of shipper and receiver break rooms and restrooms are off limits and no you may not wet the tires on their property. Little food joints that you planned all day to stop there for a sub from subway to find out they closed the subway out of precautions. The list is stinking unending. Dont miss your 2290 either. 2 years ago I paid it in dec instead of june due to my blissful ignorance and 1 week later I got a fine with interest of 150 bucks. Have a good Turkey day everyone and hopefully sometime we can talk about the next big thing."

👌
Replied on Wed, Dec 09, 2020 at 07:37 AM CST
A bit off the original question, but if you use 2290online.com by JJ Keller you can get around all the government headaches. Yes, it costs $43 more to have it done through their site. However, you get the 2290 IRS accepted receipt within 24 usually. Just did one yesterday for a new truck, I got my IRS accepted receipt in an hour. From my point of view, it's worth it not to have to spend money on stamps, worry about the USPS, and then have occasions like this which force you do put hours into finding out what happened.

Another plus is that they save all your information. The next year you go to file, you select all your trucks, answer a few questions, and you're done.