Home > Forum > Who Has Experience With 12.7 Pacar Engine?

who has experience with 12.7 pacar engine?

Dec 12, 2017 at 09:43 PM CST
+ 2
older low miles worth owning at a discount?
Replied on Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 09:19 PM CST
+ 1
I've been running a pacar almost 3 years love it very strong quiet good fuel mileage no troubles
Replied on Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 10:48 PM CST
The guys I know that run them, mind you they are the newer mx13 500hp, are quite happy with them. Reliable with little to no issues compared to Cummins and some which had yellow painted engines previously are happy with the better fuel mileage.
Replied on Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 11:27 PM CST
+ 3 - 1
Yup it's all roses and sunshine coming out your ass till you can't get parts or the repair bill is crazy. I stick with proven technology and something that parts are more common. Lamborghini is a nice car till it breaks in Cactus Tx.

Art Pfluger

Replied on Sat, Jan 06, 2018 at 09:40 PM CST
Cummins manufactures the paccar engine..if you haul heavy..you might have problems with them..they just dont have the cubes to handle the extra weight....they are alright up to 80,000...
Replied on Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 01:26 PM CST
Jeff pearson Cummins does not build pacar but pacar does use Cummins after treatment system
Replied on Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 01:38 PM CST
DAF originally manufactured the engine in Europe pacar invented 400 million in the company and the technology and brought to Columbus Mississippi and it's the first engine to be rated a B10 since caterpillar B10 means it's a million plus mile engine I have a lot these problems than all my buddies with Cummins or Detroit I'm an old CAT fan but their out of the game
Replied on Fri, Jan 12, 2018 at 07:15 PM CST
Thats what the cummins factory rep was telling us..
Replied on Sat, Jan 13, 2018 at 07:23 AM CST
Quote: "Jeff pearson Cummins does not build pacar but pacar does use Cummins after treatment system"

if you look on the engine data plate of paccar engines it says manufactured by cummins