Home > Forum > 150 Air Mile Rule

150 air mile rule

Mar 23, 2018 at 11:47 AM CST
+ 2
The rule states 150 air mile from first source and it uses the word farm or field. then it says 150 air miles for private carriers and for hire carriers can use the 150 air mile For transporting ag commodities. Are they saying transporting of ag commodities from elevator to feed mill falls under the 150 air Mile exception as well, not just from farm to elevator
Replied on Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 09:09 PM CST
have to base it on in it is processed,soybean meal is a processed prouduct, bulk beans are not thats how they define it in iowa
Replied on Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 07:14 AM CST
In North Carolina it's any product with in a 150 air mile radius does not have to have a log book if you run for hire plates if you run apportion plates you have to have log book but just shows you running local this is the way we are running and I won the battle with a dmv the other day cause he couldn't prove me wrong take care
Replied on Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 07:30 AM CST
in nebraska elevator to farm or farm to farm is 100 air miles. and elevator to feed lot or any other place of buissness or farm to place of buissness is 150 air miles. and on log you just put local hauling and post hours drove that day that simple.
Replied on Sat, Mar 24, 2018 at 07:33 AM CST
sorry on my post your 150 mile range starts from point of loading no matter were. and farm to farm or elevator to farm is off of your address
Replied on Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 08:47 PM CST
It's a grey area and get educated before DOT does. I got a level 1 in nj and officer didn't like my book. He said it doesn't show where I've been. LOL that's why I use it. As far as I know it's country wide only 100 air mile and can be used for any hauling. You can still use loose leaf and go outside of 100 mile circle 8 days in a rolling 30 day period and if you get stopped running loose leaf legally they cannot look back over last 7 days. The officer can only look at that day. Any questions visit fmsca home page and lookup rule 395.1 thru 395.8
Replied on Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 08:51 PM CST
I should add that this rule exempts you from eld as long as you come within reason of guidelines. This rule has so far saved my hide from the eld ankle bracelet. Have fun and know your rights before you get read them